1 kit & kafoodle: Top Paddock

Thursday 1 May 2014

Top Paddock

I was recommended this place as a friend had fallen in love with it and became his TOP BRUNCH PLACE. I scurried here to catch up with long-missed friends and we stuffed face, as is our habit.


Gin and lime cured ocean trout fillet with pickled baby beetroots, potato galette, poached eggs, leaves, goats curd & toast ($20.00)
This was a picture perfect dish, but to be honest I expected something that was more heaped on my plate like a hearty brunch, rather than something out of a fine dining restaurant. That being said, it was delicious and all the pieces tasted nice, although did not necessarily meld in flavours. I would return here not for this dish, but as there are so many other savouries I want to try on the menu!


Blueberry & ricotta hotcake with berries, organic maple, seeds & double cream ($17.00)
This was a dream come true kind of dish for me. When the dish came out I almost fainted at how pretty the dish looked for realz. And the taste, WOW. The best hotcake I have ever had (and I am a big fan of pancake parlour… on their good days) it was light and fluffy, but with crispy edges and so carb-dream fulfilling. It tasted amazing and with the berries and syrup plus cream it was just a wonderland in my mouth. I would come back here every week if I could to get fat on these puppies. Hot damn.


TL;DR THE HOTCAKES ARGHHHHH SO GOOOOOD


Top Paddock on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment